Monday, August 29, 2011

My First Challenge!


I decided I would try a challenge for the first time ever, and I must say that I now understand why they are so popular!  I had so much fun with it!  The challenge was to color a stamped image, which I wasn't sure about because I don't have any copics, color pencils, or a huge variety of distress inks (I'm a poor college student!).  However, I do have some Faber Castelle Gelatos (they were on sale for $20 on HSN a while back!).  Previously I had trouble using them, they are waxy/creamy like a crayon, but they come in a chapstick like tube.  For this card I embossed the stamped flower and then rubbed the different colors of Gelato over the embossed image.  Then I rubbed the Gelatos in and blended with my finger.  I'm excited with the results!


4 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you figured the gelatos out, those flowers are colored wonderfully! Thanks for playing with us at YCU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Good job on the coloring with the gelatos =) Thank you so much for joining our first Young Crafters Unite challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used gelatos before...but now I just may have to try them out! This looks fab! Thank you so much for playing along with our first challenge at Young Crafters Unite! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - what a pretty effect with those gelatos. I need to get my hands on some. :) Thank you for playing along with us at the first Young Crafters Unite challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!