Tuesday, June 19, 2012

January to June

      It's official, I'm LSU Alumni now!  Student teaching is finally over and I've got a diploma!  I didn't have much time during student teaching to craft unfortunately, but I did find time for much needed craft therapy when I could spare a moment.  This post is everything that I made from January to the present but never had a chance to post.


I'm not sure what this necklace is for yet, and I can't decide what I want the matching earrings to look like, but I love that butterfly!


This card was for my cousin Katie's birthday in January.


This was Allen's Valentine's day card.


This one was obviously for a sick relative, it represents how bad I am at making masculine cards!


This is a terrible picture (I'm still learning how to take pictures of craft projects, who knew it was so hard to take a good picture of something that doesn't move!)  The card was for my cousin Ginibeth in Alabama.


This card was supposed to for my Dad's birthday, but I ended up giving him something else so it is still in the stash!


I made these two cards while I was trying out the new chalk ink I got for Christmas.  It took forever, but I love the rainbow stamped "happy birthday", and the bright colors make me smile!


This card is the product of experimentation with a bunch of new stuff.  I tried out metallic mixatives, perfect pearls, glimmer glam, and distress stains all on this one card.  The results were interesting, and I had to air the card out, but I like it now that it's all put together!  I also learned that it is important to spritz the perfect pearls with water because it will rub off if you don't "fix" it!


This card was made especially for my University Supervisor for my student teaching.  She always wore the most interesting and bright clothing, so I thought this would be perfect!  I got to try out a new color of distress ink, a flower stamp, and water colored pencils!


I had fun with some glitter embossing powder on this card!  I wanted a sparkly look, with out the mess, so I used the embossing powder on the letters to eliminate the mess!


I had fun using the sewing theme on this card, and then I met the perfect person to give this card to while I was student teaching.  The associate teacher in the class loved sewing and she was one of the sweetest people I've ever met!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!